Coron and El Nido are two popular tourist destinations located in the northern part of the province of Palawan, Philippines. While both destinations offer stunning natural beauty and opportunities for adventure, they have their own unique characteristics that make them stand out from each other.
Coron is known for its stunning limestone cliffs, turquoise waters, World War II shipwrecks, and vibrant marine life, making it a popular destination for snorkeling and diving enthusiasts.
El Nido, on the other hand, is famous for its towering limestone formations, white sand beaches, and crystal-clear waters, making it a perfect destination for island hopping and beach bumming. Both destinations offer a unique and unforgettable experience, but which one should you visit? In this article, we will compare Coron and El Nido to help you decide which one suits your travel style and preferences.
How do we describe Coron, Palawan?
Coron, Palawan is an absolute paradise waiting to be explored. This tropical haven located in the westernmost part of the Philippines features magnificent limestone cliffs speckled with emerald-green waters, crystal-clear lagoons, and pristine beaches that are sure to take your breath away.
The untouched beauty of Coron, Palawan will leave you in awe and wonder, surrounded by unblemished landscapes, serene turquoise waters teeming with marine life and an abundance of marine biodiversity.
Enjoy the spectacle of marine life and coral formations through an underwater adventure as you dive into the world-renowned diving spots of Coron that attract millions of tourists every year.
Embrace the serene and tranquil ambiance of each island, as you walk along the pristine shores unwinding amid the gentle sound of the waves. Take in the beauty of the sunset, immerse yourself in the local culture, and explore the gorgeous sights that Coron, Palawan has to offer.
What attractions in Coron do we recommend?
Coron is a place blessed with breathtaking natural beauty. Here are some places that we recommend to you if you want to visit Coron:
- Kayangan Lake: This clear blue lagoon is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Coron.
- Twin Lagoon: A unique experience awaits you here as you can swim through a small tunnel that connects two separate lagoons.
- Malcapuya Island: With stunning white sand beaches and crystal-clear waters, Malcapuya Island is a must-visit destination for you who are seeking serenity in nature.
- Maquinit Hot Springs: Soak in the natural hot mineral-rich waters of Maquinit Hot Springs, which is the largest saltwater hot spring in the Philippines.
- Mount Tapyas: Hike up to the summit of Mount Tapyas for a panoramic view of the picturesque town of Coron.
- Skeleton Wreck: A sunken World War II Japanese shipwreck that is now a popular diving spot for tourists.
- Siete Pecados: An excellent snorkeling spot comprised of seven small islands that are considered as one of the most beautiful places in Coron.
- Coral Garden: A snorkeling spot that offers an abundance of colorful corals and sea creatures.
How we describe El Nido, Palawan
El Nido, Palawan is a place of unparalleled beauty, where breathtaking scenery meets crystal-clear waters. The area features lush forests and towering cliffs that make for a spectacular view.
One can easily get lost in the natural beauty of the place and forget the rush of the city. The beaches here are famous for their powdery white sand and their turquoise blue waters where several species of marine wildlife thrives.
Underwater exploration opportunities abound with abundant coral reefs and colorful fishes waiting to be discovered. Adventure seekers can also indulge in island hopping activities that take visitors to picturesque coves and lagoons surrounded by dramatic landscapes.
Overall, El Nido, Palawan, is a must-visit destination for anyone looking to be transported to a world of natural splendor and serenity.
List of places in El Nido, Palawan that we believe people must see
El Nido, Palawan is a popular destination known for its crystal-clear waters, towering limestone cliffs, and stunning islands. Here are some of the must-see destinations in El Nido:
- Small Lagoon: a hidden lagoon surrounded by towering limestone cliffs
- Big Lagoon: a serene lagoon with emerald waters, perfect for kayaking.
- Secret Lagoon: a hidden lagoon with turquoise waters and a small entrance.
- Nacpan Beach: a pristine and peaceful beach with a long stretch of white sand.
- Taraw Cliff: for an adventurous hike to witness the panoramic view of El Nido town.
- Matinloc Island: where you can fine the iconic Matinloc Shrine and a secret beach.
- Snake Island: a sandbar shaped like a snake, where you can witness clear blue waters, and practice swimming and snorkeling.
- Helicopter Island: know for its helicopter-like shape and crystal-clear waters, perfect for snorkeling.
- Cathedral Cave: a breathtaking sight to see, where you can witness towering cliffs faming a small entrance.
- Seven Commandos Beach: a perfect spot to witness stunning sunsets and enjoy a peaceful atmosphere.
Conclusion: Coron Vs. El Nido
The comparison of Coron and El Nido has demonstrated that both places have unique features that can attract tourists in different ways.
Coron offers a more relaxed and laid-back environment that allows tourists to appreciate the natural wonders that surround the area and engage in activities that promote rest and relaxation.
On the other hand, El Nido presents a more adventurous and energetic environment that allows to engage in water sports, island hopping, and other exciting activities that can get their adrenaline pumping.
Ultimately, the choice of which place to visit rests on personal preferences and interests. Nonetheless, both Coron and El Nido have a lot to offer, and it is recommended that tourists visit both places to experience the beauty and excitement that each place has to offer.
Whether you are looking for a calm and serene getaway or an adventurous and thrilling vacation, you are sure to find your desired experience in either Coron or El Nido.
Can we settle this with a tie breaker? Okay, maybe not, but hear us out.
We’re biased, we admit it. We’re choosing Coron, Palawan. And it’s not just because we happen to operate here. It’s because of how easy it is to get to from Manila, Cebu, Mindoro, or Clark City, Pampanga.
Here’s the scoop. If you’re short on time and can only spend 3 days in Palawan, we’d suggest going to Coron instead of El Nido.
Why? Well, because it’s super accessible from a bunch of different cities and provinces that many people come from. It has its own airport, the Francisco B. Reyes Airport, also known as Busuanga Airport (USU). To access El Nido via an airplane, you will have to fly to Puerto Princesa and travel 6 hours by land to reach El Nido. That’s a lot of wasted time.
But hey, we love both places, so if you can swing it, why not visit both? If your time and budget allow, you won’t be disappointed. Trust us!